Chicago’s Best Sandwich Shops
**CHICAGO IS BE TAKEN OVER BY SANDWICHES. DELICIOUS SANDWICHES.**
1. Jerry’s Sandwiches: 1938 W Division St, go for the decadent sandwiches, stay for live music & a solid beer list. The toppings to choose from are almost intimidating: fried green tomatoes, blackened shrimp, English cucumber to name a few. They have everything from kobe burgers to seafood sandwiches, vegetarian options to delicious mini corn dogs.
2. Del Seoul: 2568 N. Clark St, You cannot go wrong with an express Korean BBQ. Just a few minutes walk from the hostel, this Lincoln Park hot spot excels in flavor & the welcoming flare of Korean street BBQ. Although their array of tacos are nothing short of amazing. Their BBQ Pork Sandwich is a hit everytime ( lots of marinated pork, sprouts, jalapenos on a tasty roll). Check this place out with an order of their KimChi fries!
3. Manny’s Deli: 1141 S. Jefferson, Although St. Patrick’s Day has came & went, the taste for a city’s best corned beef sandwich still lives on. Although it’s a bit of a trek, this iconic deli stands as a living salute to perfect old-fashioned style delicatessans. Try one of their famous deli sandwiches with a side of their daily soup option.
4. Birchwood Kitchen: 2211 W. North Ave, Their Smoked Salmon Salad won top 50 Chicago sandwiches in Chicago Magazine, we love this place cause it’s both delicious and cost-efficient. Besides, you can’t go wrong with a hot Shepherd’s Pie that has curry-braised duck in it. The taste and freshness will prove to be something to write home about.
5. Longman & Eagle: 2657 N. Kedzie, featured in Michelin guides and “best of Chicago” lists, they serve up an award winning Wild Boar Sloppy Joe (“toasted brioche, peppery pickled jalapeños, crispy onions, and fried sage, this Joe is a man-size wowzer spilling over with tender, spicy ground boar..”). This place is a cozy restaurant with an excellent cuisine & terrific drink menu, perfect for your Chicago date night.
6. Papa’s Cache Sabrosa: 2517 W Division St, Have you ever had an authentic Puerto Rican jibarito???? Tender beef, sweet grilled onions between two sweet plantains. Check out this small Humboldt Park restaurant for one of the best, in this country anyway. Also, see how they also made the Top 50 list.