We would like to take this moment to thank all of our past, present, and future guests for their wonderful support as we were recently ranked #4 WORLDWIDE as Best Extra Large Hostel by Hostelworld.com.
Looking for Winter Student Housing? Look no further!
**These special student rates are available from October through March**
Coming to Chicago to study and need an inexpensive, comfortable, youthful, and vibrant place to stay? Chicago Getaway Hostel offers special student pricing for 20 and 30 day stays. This applies to students studying in Chicago and who can provide documentation showing their registration in a Chicago educational institution.
!! BRACE YOURSELF !!
Let us help you prepare . . .
As you know Chicago is gearing up for a severe weather storm. 24″ of snow are possible. . . and we urge you to follow a few tips to stay safe in this potentially hazardous snow storm
Stock up on beverages and food at the Lincoln Park Market
- Stay away from drivers who cannot drive in the summer let alone a BLIZZARD!
- Wear protective gear, IE: Jacket, Gloves, 180′s or ear muffs- perhaps some snow pants? (helmets don’t count)
- Keep a shovel in your car, well that is if you have a car
- Call all of your loved ones, let them know you’re in the ONE ALL, END ALL blizzard of Chicago!
- Make a quick trip to the Lincoln Park Market to grab some staples. Food that is.
- Stock up on adult beverages, you’re going to be locked up for quite some time.
- Dress warmly
- Make sure you have food for the day
- Make sure your car isn’t parked in a “snow zone”
- Make necessary travel arrangements and modifications
- Extend your stay at the Chicago Getaway Hostel
- Stay away from Lake Michigan, waves in excess of 25 feet expected
- Take the CTA whenever possible
1967 Blizzard: Early in the storm a CTA bus is towed after getting stuck on Michigan Avenue at Walton Street in Chicago.
Visit the CTA at www.transitchicago.com–for up to date travel delays and information
How Does the storm measure up?!
Groundhog Day Blizzard of 2011 could rank as one of Chicago’s top 5 snowstorms
1) 23.0″ 1967 January 26-27
2) 21.6″ 1999 January 1-3
3) 19.2″ 1930 March 25-26
4) 18.8″ 1979 January 13-14
5) 16.2″ 1931 March 7-8
?) 2011 February 1-2